03 February 2011

p.s.

Tuesday was also the due date for Competitive Scholarship at MICA. I was scrambling to properly photograph my most recent work. I'm pleased with my submission, although I'm surely not expecting any money. The school seems to reserve the dough for uber conceptual fine arts types. Whatever. Anyway, without further ado:



















The majority of this works comes from last semester, otherwise known as my first semester as a real, living breathing Illustration Major. The first piece is something of my baby, it being my first completed piece this semester titled Kitschy Kittens Knit Knottily (from the previously posted Book Illustration). I'm excited by the direction of my work and I hope that the judging panel is intrigued by the use of three dimensional and textured work within my portfolio. I'll be competing within just the Illustration department so, again that word, hopefully my lack of digital work will not discourage the judges from giving me some cash mon-ay! Keep your fingers crossed until March, please!

2 comments:

lauren carney said...

my goodness,
you are ridiculously talented!
i adore your work immensely.
keep up the lovely drawings you! x x

Mattbarry said...

hey thanks!